A space to reflect on the university experience and the wider educational journey of life and love.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Nice to Meet You

Hi there!

I don't really know how you found me in this overwhelming cyber world, but somehow you did, and I'm glad you stopped by to visit. 

I'm starting this blog on my fifth day of university after wandering around campus on the first Friday of the year. I am not your average party girl.  In fact, I suck at parties and drinking and drugs and all of that.  Which is not so much a bad thing.  Instead I enjoy baking and writing blogs and cleaning the lint of the dryer filter.

I feel a bit disillusioned by the image we have of what we do in university.  Sure the drinking is fine.  Sure we have all this new freedom.  Sure we are surrounded by attractive people.  I will not deny these luxuries, but why are we here?

This is why I went to university:

- To figure out how to best help the world
- To figure out how to best help myself
--> To gain the skills and tools to live a life of meaning
- To make friendships and have interesting adventures
- To learn


Is anyone with me?  Anyone out there at all?
This blog ought to have some kind of theme.  There are so many university blogs out there, I guess.  How about - making sense of nonsense.  Haha, I really can't think of an angle here that makes me different, so for now let's just say I'm in the process. This is a blog ABOUT the process.  About making choices at the crossroads, of choosing to say yes, of new beginnings, of adventures, of fear and fearlessness, or love, and losing love.  This is a story of youth.  This is a story of beauty that isn't pretty every day.  Of life that is full.

Because in the end, isn't that what we all want?  A full life...

Yours in peace,
Emmy

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete