A space to reflect on the university experience and the wider educational journey of life and love.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Down Day?

I don't know why.  Maybe it was not going to bed until midnight and waking up at 7.  Maybe it was some intense conversations.  Maybe it's being in a new place.  Maybe it's the new ID rules on campus.  Maybe it's the email telling me I need to take more courses. It's probably the fact that blogger tells me "there are no comments found for this blog."

But today I feel a bit blue.

It doesn't make sense because last night was SO lovely.  I made the most delicious dinner (with my 20lbs of potatoes and other fruits/vegetables fresh from the farmer's market) with my sweet suite-mate Camille and my friend Shayle.  I had an incredible class with the wonderful Prof. Hargreaves....and things should be all on track. It's starting to cool down and feel like fall today.  Changing seasons.  Changing moods.

Someone('s roommates) left their cell number and a note saying "I'm lonely" on my door today.  Haha.  So now we have a little texting thing going on.  Weird, this age of technology.  In the old days people used to "court" and "ask for someone's hand."  Now all they're asking for is my number.

I spoke with my dear friend from NYU Abu Dhabi the other day, it was so glorious to see her face again.  As painful as it is to realize I will never go back to Pearson, those friendships are still very much alive and blossoming.

With a bit of a heavy heart,
Emmy

PS: here are some photos of our DELIGHTFUL dinner.  Camille is such a wonderful person to live with and cook with.








1 comment:

  1. your feeling blue and there is blue in the background paint

    ReplyDelete