A space to reflect on the university experience and the wider educational journey of life and love.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Avalanche City

Recently a really good friend let me in on the ridiculously beautiful secret of Avalanche City, who make incredible music.  I hear that the guy in it plays ALL the instruments and sings in most songs!  Isn't that impressive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMVVTZO5Dck

I like the acoustic version of this song better, but I just love the escapism and spontaneity in the lyrics....it's so romantic.  And as my favorite kiwi friend told me, the line "there's nothing a bit of fresh breeze won't cure"  is very characteristic of New Zealand.  This is a huge part of the reason why I would like to do my study abroad over there!  Or should I say down under there :P

~

In the car on the way to the city
in the morning it was foggy on the windscreen
we talked about the day ahead
and shouldn't we just run away instead

We started to believe our dreams
and I just kept driving right past the exit
throwing our cellphones out of the window
yelling at the city goodbye we wont miss you

I knew now that our lifes on track
as I felt the strength down in my bones come back
you smile at me and I at you
cos this is all we ever wanted to do

So to the south now with our hearts alive
and our heads free of worry that our lives provide
off far in the distance almost out of sight
goodbye to city days so long to city nights

So believing every word we say
I drove on until the break of day
a smile stretched from my ear to yours
there's nothing a bit of fresh breeze wont cure

Go on, you said
Drive on, you said
Go on
Go on

3 comments:

  1. I love Avalanche City! My favourite song is the love love love. Who introduced you to Avalanche City? I think they are a NZ band?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the NZ Amber I know and love?! Thank YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR BEING the first person EVER to comment on my blog. Made me so happy.

    You rock!

    And yes they are NZ and yes love love love is a wicked song. I was introduced by my magnificent NZ friend at Pearson....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^_^ You are welcome. I love reading your blog! I am privileged and indeed it is the NZ Amber forgot to put that in there. I think I know this person ;) I shall continue to read and comment. Love Love Love Amber

    ReplyDelete