A space to reflect on the university experience and the wider educational journey of life and love.

Monday, November 28, 2011

University Lessons

I have four more days of classes.  I don't know why that is so hard to believe, but I'm starting to feel pretty relieved!   Sure, there are also four more exams to do, but they will pass as well.  Everything passes.

It's been quite a wonderful time, this first term.  I find that when I transition to a new place often the first little while is happy and shiny.  So I'm hoping I can maintain this stability going forward, I think I'll be all right.  I've been so blessed here.  Today the sun came out again.  

If I could list the lessons I've started to learn since coming here, this would be it:

1) In the real world, real people do do drugs and alcohol frequently.  It doesn't mean you have to partake.

2) Having your own room is amazing.  Even though the occasional loneliness can make a home there too.

3) While skype is nice, it just really isn't enough.  But you gotta make do.

4) Friendships don't fade after you leave Pearson.  You just pick up where you left off.

5) It's important to meet new people too, especially at Sunday family dinners, those are the best.  Mmm.

6) Don't choose 8am classes, 3 times a week.  Biology isn't worth it.
7) Poetry is a good release.

8) Sometimes you have to let life take the lead and just nod and follow.

9) The best part of dancing is that it requires not thinking.
10) If you ask nicely, usually you will get what you want.



2 comments:

  1. Love this Emmy. So glad you've had a great term =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Happy for you Emmy and looking forward to meeting you :)

    ReplyDelete