A space to reflect on the university experience and the wider educational journey of life and love.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sky and I

Another one of my many midnight poems.
--


A blue sky beckons,
And I follow her. I follow her up
And away. We danced together,
Her and I, we passed the moon and
Her glimmering white gown, and we
Nodded to the sun with her gleaming
Golden skirt and we did pirouettes on tippy
toes. We floated along clouds and the
Music of the rain pounds,
In between songs I asked her questions
Of what we are doing here, and Twilight
Stepped in and said to me in a whisper that
everything, is connected. He tells me
that all is well and that we are protected.
And so I hold his hand in the pale light
Of morning and I gaze deep into his
Mysterious mournful depths and I say
Thank you.

So we carried on, Sky and I,
We twirled until the Light of Day
Arrived and I asked her why we fear
The dark. She was so wise, and she
Said we fear what we do not want
To accept and what we are unsure of.
Fear, then, is just the beginnings
of Love. Then she took my hand and
Spun me in circles and we laughed
And laughed. Sky wanted to fly
Somewhere else so I left the
Ball and we entered a void.

We met the blackness and
Were consumed by the noise.
Ever since a child I have been
Mystified and afraid of this.
And so we were absorbed, we
Became nothingness and in the
Stark silence I asked where we
Were, and Sky told me we were
In light, with our eyes closed.

Suddenly flashes of lightning
So I am with Sky again and
This time she is singing herself
A lullaby and before I know it
We are in the presence of Star
And I am blinded by her brilliance.
She is so sharp that she knows
My mind already and she has read
My deepest darkest secret. She says,
"Why are you afraid to be your true self?
Those that judge will never see you."

So I begin to plummet because her
Brightness has shone a light into
My soul. I am falling and Sky is too
She is tumbling down in Clouds of grey
And swirling mist and clenched fists and
I want to scream
But I am falling so fast that I dream
Feel my body drifting on
Gentle Breeze and the world is coming
Leaning closer and I don't want
To say goodbye to Sky, she has
Been so lovely, so kind, so wry.
She has been a gracious host and
I will never forget her soft wings
We coast for one last breath,
Until I land.
Cushioning my fall, she holds me.
I gently tumble back to earth
Encircled in Sky's embrace
And she says one last thing to me,
Her kind and gentle face,



I am with you always
Just look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment