A space to reflect on the university experience and the wider educational journey of life and love.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

New Beginnings and Transitions

Lately I have been happy.  It seems that all the energy I have been sending out into the universe for the last few months (not to sound too new age-y) has finally begun to return.  I am meeting people and discovering new beginnings and feeling optimistic about the future. Isn't it funny how when you are stuck in a rut, wallowing in self-pity, it seems the fog engulfing you will never recede?  And then one day you take a deep breath and realize the sky is clear.  This morning my curtains were illuminated by the morning sun and the beauty blew me away.  It reminded me of first year, seeing my blinds lit up every morning.  There is something beautiful about mornings.  Something beautiful about new beginnings.

I am learning that there is value in all experiences.  I went to a club for the first time a few weeks ago...(I seem to have missed the "party phase" in first year) and while it was not a completely enjoyable experience, it opened my eyes.  Sometimes I feel like I need to live a little.  So that's what I've been focussing on recently, being open to opportunities and friendships that I would have overlooked before.

I can feel Spring nudging her way into my life, in the gentle breeze and soft sunshine on my eyelids...I look up at the trees and see them emerging.  Buds are appearing.  I think the transition from Winter to Spring is perhaps my favorite transition of all.  I can feel the coldness inside me beginning to melt.  Summer is coming.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I am someone waiting for the clouds to clear + this post just popped up in my feed reader, thanks for the message of hope, just step by step. Often feel the best days are far behind or far ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear anonymous, your post means so much to me. You are more than welcome. I trust that the clouds will clear soon and you will feel that sunshine. The best days will arrive before you know it....

    ReplyDelete