A space to reflect on the university experience and the wider educational journey of life and love.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Life is Fleeting

Life is so fleeting.  Just a few days ago, I was sitting on a rock at the edge of the ocean, with sunbeams dancing across my face, listening to the crash of the Pacific waves. Not to sound too dreamy or anything.  But lately that's what I have been thinking about - the impermanence of all things.  Whether it's good or bad, nothing will last.

There's a freedom in this fleeting nature of life, if you stop trying to desperately hold onto all everything, perhaps you can appreciate it more.  By knowing your life is limited, you can live more fully.  Our relationships are handled more carefully because we realize they are fragile.  Our circumstances stop defining us because we realize they are temporary.

This has been a huge relief to me.  At the moment, I am living at home, volunteering and chilling out, and I know this won't be forever.  I can take time to truly relax because I know that soon I will be back in school and travelling....sometimes I feel like I can't wait for this period of my life to be over, but I know in time, it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment