A space to reflect on the university experience and the wider educational journey of life and love.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Long Time, New Country








Dear lovely readers,

So much time has passed I don't know if you remember me! I am writing this post from the bedroom of a very kind UWC grad who has so kindly allowed other UWCers to couchsurf- even if she isn't home.  The leaves are fluttering elegantly in the breeze outside this historic building made of stone in Edinburgh.

  I am currently travelling in the UK visiting old and new friends.  It has been an absolutely spectacular journey so far. So many people have reinstalled my faith in humanity and I am so grateful to have had many spontaneous experiences thus far!

Many things happened today:

- I went to a farmers market and a craft market
- I found myself spontaneously in the middle of a free Palestine protest
- I climbed a beautiful hill called Arthur's seat in Edinburgh
- I made a new beautiful friend from Germany atop previously mentioned hill
- I had a lovely conversation and tea in a park
- I bought a sweater for $7 since Scotland is colder than expected!
- I skyped with a dear friend - had a spontaneous nap - finally updated this blog.

The last month of my first year at university was a whirlwind of lovely times with lovely people, studying and completing exams, packing up, and saying goodbye....I will write more reflections as soon as I can and include some photos :)





Much love to you,
Emmy

1 comment:

  1. Hey I was a reader of your blog about Pearson, because I was learning about alternative education movements... Glad to here you're having fun here in the UK despite this rubbish weather atm, I love Edinburgh, the view from and of Arthur's seat is amazing (but not sure about the scary steep shortcut my host took us up), apart from my city (bristol), I think I love Edinburgh the most :-)

    ReplyDelete