A space to reflect on the university experience and the wider educational journey of life and love.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wednesday Sunset

I stand outside the side door
Time stops and the sky pulls me in
A warm embrace of wonder I am staring
Helpless into depths of crimson hue
And I am filled with feeling so true
It simmers down to my fingertips. I drop
What I am holding and I literally embolden
With spontaneous sprinting and I run,
I run, I run up, up, that hill I am searching for light.
I am chasing the sky.  Sky chasers, you and I.

She is fading. So fleetingly
Dancing in vibrant colour
I catch glimpses of spins and turns.
And I am prancing up the gravel
Without a care in the world
I am under the influence.
I am under the influence of Beauty
And Earth's gentle caress and the wind
And the night and the coyote and the
Bear and me, we all stand there.
Up high.  We stand to meet the sky.

I sit on a rock.
I watch as the sun drops
Behind the hills and I hear shrill
Cries of wolves and fear brushes
My skin but I remember
The place I'm in. It is not mine.
I ask for protection and
I take the sign of black and blue
Clouds as my moment to turn back
and now I walk in peace

Spirit filled with lingering sun
I know in my heart
What's done is done.

1 comment:

  1. Life's truths in the closing of one decade and the opening of another.. simply beautiful, Emmy!

    ReplyDelete